1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lakergirl21, Sep 6, 2011.

1. lakergirl21

lakergirl21 Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Has anyone had a problem with a portion of their screen becoming unresponsive? The top 1/4 of my screen has seemed to give out. On top of that, my phone doesn't rotate (landscape) when I turn the phone while in my homescreen, but if I'm in a program (gmail, facebook) the screen rotates. Anyone have any ideas or advice??

Thanks!!!

PS
    I did a factory reset and that didn't help. The problem just occur within the last week or so.

Advertisement

2. MadCat1118

MadCat1118 Newbie
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    The homescreen never could rotate. Just apps that support rotation (pretty much everything but games),

3. mercury_blues

mercury_blues Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Chief Operator
    South Western Ontario
    The bottom 1/4 of my screen became unresponsive, rendering the phone useless. I sent it back to Motorola & they said the "main board" is cracked? No Warranty! I'm not impressed! Someone said it's the digitizer. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem too & if it was the digitizer? Sounds logical...

4. papabri

papabri Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Sorry to bump an old thread but if there's a more recent one I must have missed it. I'm having a screen unresponsiveness/ghost finger/jitter issue occasionally with my Atrix too.

On the home screen, there are no issues. When I run some apps, like ScoreMobile (sports scores), or even the web browser, there is a section of the screen that's completely unresponsive. I have to tilt the phone sideways to get around it, which is pretty annoying. When the ghost finger/jitters start (far less often), I have to hit the power button to turn the screen off and on again to get that to go away.

This started after the latest 2.3.4 gingerbread update, so it's been going on for a while. I've tried googling, but the other threads about this issue don't have solutions either. One person claimed they figured out a solution by manually shutting down apps, but no one else has confirmed. Would love a fix for this that doesn't include investing hours of time flashing/modding/rooting/whatever-ing my phone.

EDIT: Well after unlocking the bootloader on my phone and putting CM7 on, I still have the issue so I'm convinced it's hardware (just like most of the internet is saying). I'm pretty sure that my screen digitizer is broken and is causing this problem. I'm going to see if a local repair shop can replace the digitizer for me in hopes that solves the problem.

Final edit: New digitizer and the phone works like it did on day 1 again, as we all would expect heh. Running CM7 ICS mod and it's snappy.