1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen use killing battery...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrgsmith77, Nov 12, 2012.

1. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Newbie
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Nottingham
    So, had my HOX since first realease in UK, love it, no issues.

Recently (past week or so) I noticed I am having to fully charge battery twice day, I am getting roughly 8hours moderate use (maybe an hour browsing, an hour music, a few texts, nothing hectic at all) I have checked battery use and I am using on average 65/70% on "screen" alone.....scarey!
    I have turned the brightness down to exactly 50%, uncheched the auto brightness, uncheched stayawake, made sure sleep is down to 1min and still my beloved HOX is munching 65% of battery on the screen.....its a nice screen but surely that is not right?
    I have downloaded a couple if different battery use aps and they are telling me the same sort if numbers of usage.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    **The screen will always eat the greatest amount of battery**
    Now, you seem to me that you have a hardware issue. Have your phone checked, the battery is faulty [90% sure of that].
    If it's not the battery's fault, other components might have something to do with power drain, still, have it checked !

mrgsmith77 likes this.
  3. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Newbie
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Nottingham
    Good advice, will do, many thanks.

4. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    ...who ?
    Bucharest
    ALSO, first check the lately installed apps, might [just might] be some app that is eating more batt than it should !

5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    the screen will always destroy the battery. that's what happens when you have such a beautiful screen. But yeah it'll use the most battery by far

mrgsmith77 likes this.
  6. polaris68

polaris68 Newbie
    None

May 28, 2012
    Exactly same thing has happened to me. I have had my phone about 6 months and would have typically gotten about 15 hours between charges. Over the last few days it has dropped to about 10 hours with the same usage. Looks suspiciously like the battery is beginning to deteriorate as it drains rapidly once it goes below 30%.
    The previously acceptable wifi connection has also weakened considerably in the last couple of days. It will be interesting to see if other people are encountering similar problems at the 6 month mark.

mrgsmith77 likes this.
  7. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 1, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    are you using an animated or live wallpaper? That will use more battery than just a plain background. Also, the more widgets you have on the home screen, the more battery it will use. Try removing any widgets you have and see if that helps.

mrgsmith77 likes this.
  8. rdaugh31

rdaugh31 Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2012
    I don't know if this will help or is the right place but my battery use to die within about eight hours. So I switched to Apex Launcher and as of this moment I have not charged my battery for 1 day 6 hours and 32 minutes my battery has never lasted that long before I installed Apex Launcher

mrgsmith77 likes this.
  9. mrgsmith77

mrgsmith77 Newbie
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    Nottingham
    Cheers for advice, I decided that HTC needed to do something about it, so they picked it up by courier yesterday, hopefully get it back in 7days.....

10. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 28, 2012
    Male
    University Junior
    Cairo, Egypt
    Yep, I have been having the same issue for a while now. I don't think there's anything that we can do about it, to be honest with you, it's just a demanding screen and we'll have to live with it. HTC should have thrown a larger battery inside the device since it doesn't have a replaceable ones, well not in that sense but as in you cannot have access to the battery without dismantling the damn phone.

I guess a battery case or something is the only way to go about this if you stay outside the house with no acess to a charging port for long hours.

Tags: