• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen went crazy

StrikerEOD

Lurker
Aug 28, 2011
Today, while my Infuse was charging in my vehicle, I had some major screen problems. The keyboard wouldn't work, touch calibration was off by inches, and while moving the screen on the map and browser the screen tried zooming in (but I was only using one finger, not two to zoom). After getting very, very, very, very frustrated I noticed that the battery app was saying the battery temp was 113. The phone was in my hand, in a moving vehicle, with the AC blowing, and it was never left in direct sunlight. Now that the phone has cooled down, the phone has started working again. Does anybody have a good reason as to why this would happen or how to prevent it? Thanks

Wow i have never seen my infuse act that strangely. It could be that you have a bad handset. (Being an android developer), I'm judging that it is not a software problem but a hardware problem. Otherwise the only way it would be a software problem is if android itself was reporting false touches to your apps. However that is highly unlikely...so i suggest you keep your eye on any other strange things and if it happens again, take the phone back to the store and ask for a new one :)

Reactions: StrikerEOD
Upvote 0
Came on site tonight to check for a similar problem. 109 in Las Vegas this last weekend and the Infuse was unusable outside. In a building it was fine, get out in the open air and the screen was inches off from the actual touch. Even trying to unlock with a pattern was a challenge. The pattern was not even close to what I would input. My problem is a little different because I was not charging the unit, but the unit was very hot from the outside air (not direct sunlight). I thought maybe the oled screen does not do well with heat??

Upvote 0
After doing more reading online (and a similar thread going on called "hot"), I've decided that there's two different problems at work here with the infuse. 1, the battery gets hot when charging. Yesterday I compared temps when plugged in to different power sources and all made it get hot to the touch with and without the Ballistic case. This would probably be a smaller problem if I didn't have to charge it after lunch because the battery is already dead. And 2, the screen seems to be overly sensitive to an increase in temperature, even when I take precautions like not leaving phone in the car and avoiding direct sunlight

Upvote 0
After doing more reading online (and a similar thread going on called "hot"), I've decided that there's two different problems at work here with the infuse. 1, the battery gets hot when charging. Yesterday I compared temps when plugged in to different power sources and all made it get hot to the touch with and without the Ballistic case. This would probably be a smaller problem if I didn't have to charge it after lunch because the battery is already dead. And 2, the screen seems to be overly sensitive to an increase in temperature, even when I take precautions like not leaving phone in the car and avoiding direct sunlight

Very true..of any phone actually.. HTC and Apple both have a sensor that completely shuts the phone down in these cases.

What confuses me though is that my phone runs a pretty consistent 100-104 all the time...

Upvote 0
Odd issue, Ok from what i have learned so far from this phone thru my own use,

never use a charger that didnt come with the phone if it dont say samsung them your asking for it !

my wife used my charger for her hc thunderbolt had same heat issue!
it is possible tho unlikly that due to a charging from a "unapproved" charging device, your battery may have suffered, <unlikly
"""""my conclusion to this overheating""""""

many apps out there installed on phone and downloaded games so on, can and will run in background, and discharge the phone whi;le charging.....

once i shut down sync applications and facebook and anything else that felt the need to run, i have had no charging issues at all!

i cannot point to anyone program, however it would be smart to see what you have running via taskmanager \autokiller.,,,

also check settings ! auto connect and so on seem to make the phone constantly try to do what ever the programs want it to do,
tey shutting down app sync any other nonesentual prossess!

Upvote 0
The only charger I've used is the factory supplied one. I've been keeping a close eye on the phone and the charger seems to be the key. Even with hot temps and the bright sunlight I wasn't able to reproduce the problem without using the charger.

As a side note to the above message: I'm new to Android so I've been reading about battery saving tips. Task killers themselves seem to be a controversial topic. There are some items that go zombie and refuse to stay killed. Other programs will never stop auto sync. I've had everything from a 5% drop in 1.5 hours of no use and I've had 5% drop while streaming music for an hour. Seems like the only constant is that the display is the #1 battery killer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones