• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen will not stay on

TracePley

Lurker
Jul 1, 2017
I've tried every possible (so it seems) way to get my screen to NOT shut off after about 10 seconds, but nothing I do works. On the Screen timeout page, I've checked "Keep screen turned on," but there's a greyed out "Screen turns off automatically" area that I cannot uncheck.

Please help. It's SO frustrating to not be able to read things on my phone without constantly keeping a finger on it.

I've tried every possible (so it seems) way to get my screen to NOT shut off after about 10 seconds, but nothing I do works. On the Screen timeout page, I've checked "Keep screen turned on," but there's a greyed out "Screen turns off automatically" area that I cannot uncheck.

Please help. It's SO frustrating to not be able to read things on my phone without constantly keeping a finger on it.

Please take a screenshot of your issue and post it so members can see and try to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Upvote 0
Here you go. Ignore the red mark on the screen. That was an accidental swipe when I was trying to keep the screen on.

Attachments

• phone error.png
    phone error.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 243
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones