• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen will scroll but not select

Well, this morning i was using my phone and all the sudden, i couldn't click on stuff. I could scroll up/down/left/right, swipe down the notifications but not click anything. The bottom hard/soft buttons stop working as well, yet however, if you lock the phone you can touch anywhere before swiping and it picks it up, so it's still picking up touches, and on the home screen you can still select anything. Only fix i've found is to go into recovery and clear cache and then reboot it. What causes this?:thinking:

Clear the cache. Turn the phone off. Power up into safe mode. (When powering up, when you see the Samsung logo, press and hold the Volume Down key. Keep it pressed until "Safe Mode" appears in the lower left of the lock screen.) If the phone now works, the problem is an app you installed.

Try uninstalling the last app you installed, clear the cache, turn the phone off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on.

It sounds as if some app is corrupting the cache. (If you've installed a few apps since it started, try making a list of them, then uninstalling all of them.)

(If safe mode doesn't fix the problem, it's possible that Android itself is corrupting the cache. A reflash may fix it. Bring it into your carrier or to a Samsung Experience Center for that.)

Reactions: Granite1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones