1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Screen won't come back on during outgoing call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nostromo21, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Nostromo21

Nostromo21 New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Hey guys,

Just since the recent 2.2 f/ware flash I've had a really annoying thing rear its ugly head. On an outgoing call only, the screen turns itself off within a sec of me hitting the Call button (without even putting it to my ear). Then, the phone is completely non-responsive (short of pulling the battery out!) until the other party ends the call - I can't get the screen back on no matter which key I hit in any way. I have toi wait for the other side to hang up now. Just great for calling msg bank, or if you start calling a wrong number & want to hang up! Not to even mention you wanting to end a call on someone first. I won't go into a rant about how much this has p1$$3d me off in the past week! :(((

This phone was the most amazing gadget I've ever owned, almost perfect, with little or no complaints from me (won't mention the htc sync abortion with my Outlook :). And now this. I've tried the shake awake app & whatnot, to no avail. Why oh why do they put out rom updates without properly testing them & fubar everything up, including their customers good will ffs? *sigh*

I'm also too afraid to factory reset the device thinking I'll need to install dozens of apps & settings, etc all over again. Can the backup/restore on the Desire be trusted when the sync is so dodgy...?

Advertisement

Tags: