1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Screen wont come on but everything works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cartmann20, Jul 17, 2013.

1. cartmann20

cartmann20 Lurker

So I bought a Galaxy SIII from someone on craigslist so I could fix it. The phone still turns on (I know this because the LED comes on, the lights under the buttons, and the speaker still plays the sounds.) When I turn it on though, it will make a sound like I received a notification, but then it plays a sound similar to the emergency weather sound. (If you cant think of the sound we all know, youtube it, I cant post links). I could probably figure out more if I could see the screen. Before I remove the screen, I would like to see if anyone knew what this was so I don't waste any money on this device. Can anyone help me?

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Id waste less money on a MHL-HDMI adaptor so you can see the display on your tv and maybe work out whats happening. Did the dude say what happened to break it? Hope you didnt pay a lot coz the display is probably the most expensive part :thumbup:

3. cartmann20

cartmann20 Lurker

Ill look into that, my first idea was to see if I could display it on my laptop so I could still control it, but it was stuck as a media device and I also needed to set it to debug mode. :/ I took it apart to see if the ribbon for the screen came unplugged, and saw the stickers for the water damage changed. I think it was that, he dropped it, or it was a bad screen. I got it super cheap and figured I could just replace the screen.

4. cartmann20

cartmann20 Lurker

No one knows what that sound could be?