• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen wont on

There are many possible explanations, unfortunately. If this happened at a particular time, e.g. after a call, then it would give us some clues.

What phone is it? Apart from rooting have you made any other modifications to the phone software? Did the problem start after you rooted, and if so was that straight away or later? Have you tried anything to fix it? Have you tried to update the software since it was rooted (not a good idea unless you return to stock first)? Have you checked that the proximity/light sensor isn't covered by dirt or a case?

Sorry, no answers because we'll need more information to identify the cause. Those are just a few questions that occurred to me.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
There are many possible explanations, unfortunately. If this happened at a particular time, e.g. after a call, then it would give us some clues.

What phone is it? Apart from rooting have you made any other modifications to the phone software? Did the problem start after you rooted, and if so was that straight away or later? Have you tried anything to fix it? Have you tried to update the software since it was rooted (not a good idea unless you return to stock first)? Have you checked that the proximity/light sensor isn't covered by dirt or a case?

Sorry, no answers because we'll need more information to identify the cause. Those are just a few questions that occurred to me.

The phone is funker r504, and there is no update(officially) and i think the problems started after rooting

Upvote 0
Can you get the original firmware to return it to stock (the cleanest way of unrooting is to reload the stock firmware completely, overwriting any modifications)? If that fixes it then we know that was the problem.

I'm afraid I've never even heard of this manufacturer, so have no idea where to find the firmware unless they make it available for download themselves.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Can you get the original firmware to return it to stock (the cleanest way of unrooting is to reload the stock firmware completely, overwriting any modifications)? If that fixes it then we know that was the problem.

I'm afraid I've never even heard of this manufacturer, so have no idea where to find the firmware unless they make it available for download themselves.

There is a firmware at FUNKERTECH.COM but i cant flash it(brcm base firmware)

Upvote 0
There is a firmware at FUNKERTECH.COM but i cant flash it(brcm base firmware)

The site is in Spanish. Would be worth you contacting them, find out the full details of what you need to do to flash the firmware. Like it might require specific methods and a PC. I presume you can speak Spanish?

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones