• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Won't Stay On While Charging

tonynace

Jan 15, 2011
I just recently updated the OS on my Verizon Samsung Fascinate from 2.1 to 2.2.1. While I like the OS upgrade as stuff seems to run faster, I notice one difference from the old OS in that there is no option to keep the screen on while my device is plugged in to external power. I like this ability as I read before going to sleep or listen to Pandora, and don't wish to keep turning on again and working the puzzle lock again to gain access. Is there a way to get this functionality back that I had before under the old OS? I find no option to do so under settings/display in the new one.

I'm running 2.2.1 and have the Stay Awake option. Though I'm not running a stock ROM.

Tasker can certainly do this -- it's one thing I use Tasker for. However, Tasker may not be the best option if you're only looking for this one option and/or can't deal with Tasker's learning curve. The flip side of that is that Tasker is extremely versatile and can do far much more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones