1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

screen wont turn on when calls come in

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by techjunkie860, Jan 2, 2014.

1. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Member

When my phone rings the screen stays black. Any suggestions? If I'm not mistaken the phone screen should turn on when a call comes in...

2. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member

It should ....
    Theres smthing wrong here......

3. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

I have looked to see if there maybe a setting in the phone but I can't see anything, only the bit that says turn off screen when its put to your ear, is there something covering the proximity sensor when the phone receives the call, or maybe a case fault?

4. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

I have had a lot of problems recently with my Note3 screen staying dark when I take the phone from my ear mid call.

5. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Member

Nothing covering the sensor. Phone on a table or in my pocket I get the same result. I'm on stock android, no root.

6. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member

When you put the phone to your face, the proximity sensor disables the screen so that you don't press buttons with your cheek. You'll get used to it. The screen should come back when you take the phone away from your face.

7. FBA

FBA Newbie

I have the same issue from time to time with the phone ringing and a black screen appearing. Sometimes the screen is locked and I have to unlock it to see who is calling. It's intermittent. I figure it's an Android bug, or some rogue. badly written app that's interfering...

8. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Member

All sensors seem to be working correctly. I don't use a lock on my phone which is even more frustrating.

Still looking for answers...

9. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Get a replacement. That one is defective.

10. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

I wonder if it's a bug in 4.3 as I never had the issue on my S4 but now it started...

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews