• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen works, just not touch

The screen and the digitiser are 2 different components... Although on the SGS3, its sold as one expensive part.

The screen is teh screen. All it does is show you things. On top of that is a glass layer called the digitiser that digitises your touch into an action "on screen".

Its annoying that they seem to be the same part as for the HTC desire, a digitiser is

Upvote 0
looks like im sending off to Samsung for a $300+tax digitizer/screen/frame replacement.
i've read so many horror stories about this phone already with the screen cracking and stuff, should've waited for the new Nexus device.

Did you drop, hit or sit on the device? If you didn't do anything and it's a manufacturer defect than it should be covered under warranty.

Not sure what stories you've heard but personally I've had no issues and the device feels solid and secure to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones