• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen yellowing after update.

donmeca2020

Dec 17, 2010
Hollywood, Florida
so I'm sure many of you have heard of some people getting a yellow screen after the March update. On my phone it comes on occasionally then will go away when the screen is turned off for a few minutes. While I had just did a manual update check today, that still didn't rectify it.

So my question is had there been info that has came out to fix this problem? It's getting old and real fast too.

All these views and nothing ?

if there are views but no replies, one would surmise no one has any thing of value to report.

i did not know this had occurred as I use a 10+ but after a light reading online I see there is not been an official fix for it.

if this happened AFTER the update, stands to reason something in the update caused it.

if you could revert to previous firmware (not sure if you can even do that) then you may be able to see if that corrects the issue.

otherwise, short of factory resetting not fixing it, does not seen to be much you can do other than file a ticket with samsung.

sounds like it may be something to do with the blue light filter maybe? perhaps not, but just thought Id throw that out there.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
if there are views but no replies, one would surmise no one has any thing of value to report.

i did not know this had occurred as I use a 10+ but after a light reading online I see there is not been an official fix for it.

if this happened AFTER the update, stands to reason something in the update caused it.

if you could revert to previous firmware (not sure if you can even do that) then you may be able to see if that corrects the issue.

otherwise, short of factory resetting not fixing it, does not seen to be much you can do other than file a ticket with samsung.

sounds like it may be something to do with the blue light filter maybe? perhaps not, but just thought Id throw that out there.

This update was released in March. However I started to experience this a tad later. Now I'm experiencing this regularly. I've looked online all over and there has been no luck at all with any type of fix. I don't believe it's the blue light filter either.

I tried installing play books like others have said and it did nothing.

It just sucks I literally paid off this phone last weekend. I was planning on holding out with this as long as possible but this yellowing is becoming a major issue. Especially after me only owning this phone for about a year it's just a major disappointment that a device this new is having such issues.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
i hear you and feel your pain. the note 9 is a great phone - i loved it. but now samsung have moved on and now the 20 is on the horizon so who knows when samsung will fix this. if you plan to stick with the phone for a while , it is worth the effort to submit a ticket to samsung and stay on it.

How do you go about doing that ? Also I'll attempt to keep it for a bit. The screen thing isn't helping my decision though lol

Upvote 0
doing what? reaching out to samsung? go to the samsung site and file a ticket. then keep following up with them once a week. you should also go to other web forums and express your concerns and rally other people to also file a ticket. the more people that do the more samsung will see it as more widespread than one or two random units.

I do appreciate the info. I'm going to look into it today.

Upvote 0
have you tried a factory reset? you might also look into reflashing the update via sammobile. they should have the firmware update there.

if you get something like this, it is usually a bug, a software glitch, a bad download or a bad install. flashing a firmware update might fix it. when you go to sammobile, just make sure you download and flash the correct firmware for your model. if you flash the wrong firmware, your phone may not work properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones