1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tenyc424, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tenyc424

tenyc424 Newbie

Hey Guys,

Went to an AT&T store yesterday to check out the infuse so I can see how big the epic 4g touch would be. The size was not as bad as I thought it would be but I did notice a lot of screen burn in. I know they keep there phone on all day and the samoled's are prone to image burn in but the new epic uses samoled plus. Does anyone know if Samsung made any improvements?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

The Epic Touch is 4.52 inches, but the Infuse is 4.3.

3. BlueGoldAce

BlueGoldAce Member

No, the infuse has a 4.5 inch screen.

Did the screen seem pixelated?

4. tenyc424

tenyc424 Newbie

I was just looking at overall size. I know the infuse is supposed to be slightly bigger overall, was not looking at screen size. My concern was the image burn in I saw on the infuse. Just want to know if Samsung improved the durability on the screens. I had an epic before and I got slight image burn in after 6+ months use. It was not pixelation kind of like watermarks on the screen. While browsing on a white screen you could see the AT&T logo and other images burned in.

5. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Android Enthusiast

I've lurked on the SGS2 forums ever since the phone was released and I haven't seen anything about screen burn ins on the forum, so I think its safe to say its probably fixed.

6. Gavisann

Your right, I was thinking of the AT&T variant of the SGSII.

7. tenyc424

tenyc424 Newbie

I'm no expert but after looking up this issue with samoled screens it seems the oled's degrade over time causing image retention. If you look it up they offer tips on how you can prolong the life of the oled's but it seems unavoidable. The blue color seems to be the one that degrades the fastest. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the phone. I think it's an excellent phone and the display looks great but I also think people should be aware before making their decisions. I'm sure this is what these forums are for. I wasn't aware of this and how bad it could get after I saw the infuse on display yesterday. If you plan on keeping the phone for a long time then I would take this into consideration but if your the type to upgrade often or your not that picky it might not bother you as much. I mean no phone is perfect.

8. So-Low Da Don

Well if you ever get a burn-in you could always just replace the phone and now, no burn-in! :D (Hopefully). Sprint's insurance covers a lot so I think that you would easily be able to replace the phone in case of a burn-in

9. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast

I have read several articles on burn-in and all suggest that burn-in as we know it on LED and plasma displays can be remedied rather easily. Simply exercise those pixels. What very limited complaints on burn-in that I have seen reported on OLED displays point to the top menu bar as the culprit.

For those who prop up their phones and leave the display on, there is the possibility of faint burn-in. Simply use the phone in landscape mode to play games or read articles and what faint burn-in that is detected will disappear.

It really is of very small concern. There are a lot of OLED screens out there. If the issue was at all significant, user forums would be showing far more discussion of the issue.

Just exercise your pixels!

10. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

I'm sure all will be fine and if anything happens, you can take it up with Sprint and hopefully they send you a new one. But I won a NS4G and that has a Super Amoled screen. Never had an issue with it.

11. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert

I never had problems out of my Epic 4G that had a Super AMOLED screen, was actually an awesome screen and I look forward to the Super AMOLED + that the E4GT comes with.

12. Gavisann

I think the screen will look nice, but it will have a lower pixel density than the Epic, which I do not like...

13. So-Low Da Don

But I doubt the text would look as pixilated and grainy as the original Super Amoled

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews