1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fbm111, Sep 8, 2011.

1. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Member
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Sr. Infosec Analyst
    St. Augustine, FL
    His phone wasn't defective. I compared the Bionic side by side with the X2 today at my VZW store and I was wondering why the X2 screen was brighter, more colorful and just a hair sharper. I guess I wasn't imagining things.

Advertisement

2. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    If that's the case then I will be very dissapointed and not get the Bionic. I had been excited about the very positive news/leaks and pre-release reviews, but that excitement has been very tempered now. I will wait for more hands-on info but at this point I think I may just keep my DX2 until the Prime arrives in a few months.

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    That's exactly what came to my mind, actually. It's not so much that it's pixelated, it's the dots.

I've got a DInc on my plan, it's def pretty pixelated. Much brighter display, but the icons and such were worse than this. My OG Droid wasn't as vibrant, but it was a much smoother display.

4. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    ^^^ Was your Dinc one of the earlier amoleds or later lcd?

5. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest
    None
    I walked into a Verizon store last night to check out the Bionic. I'd already decided to wait for the Prime, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out.

I'm not.

I compared the Bionic's screen to my OG Droid, and it's appalling what they're doing to you Bionic customers. OG screen blows it out of the water, and it's 2 years old! I could never get used to those stupid dots.

And if it WAS a defective screen, which I'm sure it wasn't (judging from the myriad of complaints on this Bionic forum), they shouldn't have put that handset out as a live model.

Unbelievable.

6. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    I've been wanting a Samsung with the Super Amoled Screen, but when compared with the screen of the Droid X, the Droid X seems to do better in sunlight. If the Bionic has the same screen or perhaps better in regards to the Droid X, then I'm thinking I should go with it over the Super Amoled.

Here's a YouTube video I came across comparing the two screens:

Battle of the Screens: Super AMOLED Plus vs qHD in Sunlight - YouTube

7. JoJoCal19

JoJoCal19 Member
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Sr. Infosec Analyst
    St. Augustine, FL
    If you already have he DX2 I woudnt bother upgrading just yet. But I recommend going and checking out the Bionic in person, as I did. Never base your decision solely on other peoples reviews unless there are a ton of very negative and obvious bad ones.

xmr405o likes this.