1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support ScreenCaptureService

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid newb, Dec 1, 2010.

1. droid newb

droid newb Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Every now and then I get a text popup on my screen that reads, "screen capture sent to SD card" and sure enough when I look on my SD card there will be a fuzzy, grainy screen capture in a folder. I don't know how this happens or why they're so crappy looking, but if this is something I can use and get clean screen caps I'd love to use it!

Anyway, at the Sprint store the techiest of the techs said they had no idea how this happens. I just looked into what's running on my phone and there is something called ScreenCaptureService. Does anyone know what this is?

My phone is not rooted and I did not install this...it is on the phone right out of the box.

Path: Settings >> Applications >> Running Services

TIA!

Advertisement

2. AGBandit

AGBandit Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Math Teacher
    Dallas, TX
    Mine has done this before too! The exact way you described has happened to me. I found the ScreenCaptureService in my batterysaver program.

I would assume since this phone is capable of screen capture, we just need a program to tap into that!

3. droid newb

droid newb Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I use Juice Defender...is that what you use?

4. AGBandit

AGBandit Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Math Teacher
    Dallas, TX
    Actually I'm using Improved Battery Saver2. I've used it for a month now and here's the results.

BEFORE:
    Unplugged at 7am
    30% Charge by 4pm
    (workday)

AFTER:
    Unplugged at 7am
    70% Charge by 4pm
    (workday)

5. CTB6

CTB6 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    AGBandit, is that the full name of that app? I can't find it in the marketplace, and based on your results, I'd like to try it.

6. NikiaXO

NikiaXO New Member

Jan 12, 2011
    this SAME exact thing happens to me ! just all of a sudden tha screencapture saves to sd card thingy pops up ! i dont know WHAT it is that im pressing to make this happen and my pixcs are crappy and grainy as well !

7. beezie916

beezie916 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    It's been rumored that it was put there to take a picture of a crash when something fails on the phone but no one knows for sure...the screen captures all seem useless as far as images go.