1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Screening calls feature or bug???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by voodoo288, Jul 8, 2010.

1. voodoo288

voodoo288 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Ok so I thought I was hearing things the first time this happend, but before I answered an incoming call on my evo I heard a voice on the other end while my phone was ringing. Well today I heard it again so I decided to check it out, so I called myself on my girlfriends phone and lo and behold I could hear myself on my evo while it was ringing before I even touched the slide to unlock.

I searched around to see if this was a known feature or bug, but I haven't seen a thing, anyone else notice this?????? Its pretty cool to have lol.

Advertisement

2. ed12

ed12 Active Member

they say there's a feature where when you pick the phone up, it should stop ringing, and perhaps it connects at that point too maybe?

3. voodoo288

voodoo288 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Well it happens even before I pick the phone up off the table, but this seems to be some kind of bug or glitch because its intermittent, I got my dad to call me (he's on sprint) and it didn't do it, the other 2 phones that it did work on were on att and verizon but I tried a couple of more times they did it about 3 out of 5 times so its frequent but not consistent.

4. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Are you using google voice?

5. voodoo288

voodoo288 New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Nope these are cell to cell calls no voip at all and no voip clients running

6. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Internal Support Engineer
    Columbus, Ohio
    That hasn't happened yet on my EVO, but it did every once in a while on my previous phone, the Sprint Mogul (PPC6800). Never figured out why that happened, but it is also an HTC device.

Tags: