1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screenshot on phone-possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phyto, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Phyto

Phyto Lurker

So it started when I updated my htc desire hd a week ago on new htc sense software and it happened two times so far. I was unlocking my phone, I dont know what I pressed but my htc took a screenshot of locked display. I also took the other one few days ago, but this time I was turning ringtone volume down and I accidentally put my hand over the entire screen(phone was unlocked) and it took a screenshot again, and again I dont know what I pressed. Now i was curious and google this, but I see just threads in which we must download bunch of stuff and connect phone to PC etc...so how did I menage to do it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF!

I know on previous builds, taking a screenshot has only been possible with root, the SDK installed or using MyPhoneExplorer. Now, I'm pretty sure you can do it by holding the Home Button and the Power Button down at the same time?

BynoUK likes this.
  3. Phyto

Phyto Lurker

yes! :O

4. BynoUK

BynoUK Android Enthusiast

This thread is made of win :D

I've missed being able to take screenshots on a phone, used MyPhone Explorer a couple of times but that's not really suitable when I'm out & about.

The DHD is pretty much ticking all the boxes now, bloody good stuff :)

5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Comment of the day! :)

Glad you're loving the DHD more and more! :)

6. Omar Days

Omar Days Android Expert

Hmm strange. I tried holding the power button and home button to take a screenshot but nothing happened.

Anyways, I use No Root Screenshot. Does the job

7. Bedroom Eyes

Bedroom Eyes Well-Known Member

Does it only work if you've done the 3.0 update? I just tried and nothing happened... :(

8. ivicakc

ivicakc Android Enthusiast

just hold power button and press home,it will take a screenshoot..;) if you have a 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 :p

9. dudley02

dudley02 Newbie

Cool that works just nicely thanks

10. nigsy

nigsy Android Enthusiast

I have sense 3 and 2.3.5 android but I can't get this to work??

all it does is lock the phone or I get a bunch of icons come up on the display...am I missing something??

DHD on Orange.

11. ivicakc

ivicakc Android Enthusiast

you need to hold power button,not to pressed...hold for about second or two and then press home...

12. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Thanks for this was going barmy..couldn't figure out what on earth i had pressed.:p

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews