1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screenshots blurry in text message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adamgmtech, Nov 7, 2019.

1. adamgmtech

adamgmtech Lurker

My phone has recently undergone the latest software update 1-3 weeks ago. I noticed now after update my screenshot images are clear in my gallery, but compressed & terribly blurry when sent in text messages. Keep in mind, it did not have this issue before update. Anyone seen this or have a solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try wiping cache for the messaging app and even for the camera and gallery. if it is still happening then try it in safe mode. still doing it? then the last resort would be to do a factory reset.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

This is a common issue with text messaging when higher resolution media content (photos or videos) are sent as attachments. Every carrier has its own, arbitrary file size limit for attachments so when a photo or video file size is too large, they get automatically scaled down on-the-fly so they're small enough. Just some optional work-around suggestions:
    -- Try experimenting with other text messaging apps as some are better at negotiating through that file size issue. Don't expect too much though, the problem isn't a phone issue nor is it an app issue, it's how the carriers transfer file content.
    -- Scale down any photos/videos you send over text messaging yourself. Your carrier will have their file size limitation numbers posted somewhere in its site and then you'll need to be sure scale down and/or use a high enough compression to compromise the resolution with file size limitation.
    -- Use email messaging instead. File size limitations are much more acceptable, most email services allow up 20-25 MB or more. Again, check your email services web site, they'll have their email limit numbers buried in a spec page somewhere.
    -- If you have your phone's photo library synced up with an online storage service, like Google Photos, Google Drive, MS OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. just get the sharable link for any photo/video you want to share and just text message your recipient that link. This way it's not a matter of the file size of the actual file at all.
    -- You can also use a temporary, online file transfer service like Firefox Send, which despite its name works with any web browser.

tube517 and ocnbrze like this.
  4. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

had the same issue :(

Samsung Galaxy S10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews