1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screenshots not working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by or_rain, Aug 5, 2013.

1. or_rain

or_rain Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    **resolved**
    I have the Virgin Mobile version of this phone, and in the manual says to take a screen shot you press the down volume and the power/lock button at the same time. This does nothing but turn the volume down. I figured out how to somewhat take a screenshot using the quickmemo app but not writing anything, but this is less than ideal.
    I've tried a million times to take a screenshot and it never says "screenshot saved to ____" like my other phones have, it just turns the volume down.
    Does anyone know why it won't take a screenshot using the method the manual says to use?
    (I just got the phone today and am honestly considering returning it if it will not take proper screenshots. i had the original Optimus V a couple of years ago and it did not support screen shots at all so I dumped it.)

Advertisement

2. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 13, 2012
    You press both up/down volume button....

or_rain likes this.
  3. or_rain

or_rain Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    in the manual it specifically says

Yet when i do this, nothing happens.
    Pressing the center of the volume button (essentially presses both up and down at the same time) the awkward QuickMemo overlay thing pops up. Pressing the save button in that app does save a screen shot to a gallery called QuickMemo, but this is way way less than ideal (it's obnoxious and clunky really)
    I wonder why the manual says that you can push the down volume and lock button to take a screen shot when it does not work.

4. skarface1988

skarface1988 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 13, 2012
    Yeah its a new thing for LG i guess. Its both screen shot and quick memo pad. But its cool though incase you dont have pencil or paper near you. Quick memo helps alot haha. As for me i already figure it out, without reading the lame manual. It common sense with most of android devices. But im glad to help btw. =)

5. or_rain

or_rain Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    lol yeah i know it is common sense for me too, so the only reason i grabbed the manual was because the usual method was not working so i thought maybe it was different on this phone. looks like i was right! funny part is, I discovered on accident that it takes the screen shot bc i was just pushing each button in QuickMemo.
    oh well, i guess i will just try to get used to this dumb QuickMemo thing.(i think they need to take the erroneous information out of the manual though.)
    QuickMemo is awkward and ugly and not helpful at all to me. same with the Qslide apps in the pulldown. i've 100% zero interest in rooting my phone, so i get to just deal with them wonking up the space. ugh.

6. portezbie

portezbie Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    That's odd, I just tried volume down and power on my phone and it took a screenshot without opening quick memo. I then tried holding both volume buttons and the power button and that opened the quick memo.

7. 7808

7808 Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    vol down and power hold it for a couple seconds. took me a while to figure that i had to hold it for a few sec

or_rain likes this.
  8. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Male
    Deli Cook
    Astoria, NY
    I have tried the same and it does not take the screenshot. . although my issue night be because i attempted to remove that silly QSlide crap and removed the Qmemo . . hate to ask but how can I get that back? LOL that seemed to be the best way to get a screenshot.

9. or_rain

or_rain Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    i finally got it to work, you just have to press them down longer than you would expect. also for me its kind of hard to push them at precisely the same time.( i've even turned the volume UP all the way while listening to music and trying to screenshot. total klutz.)
    to get qslide apps back on the pulldown just press 'edit' on the qslide bar and check the boxes.

10. or_rain

or_rain Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    wooohoo it worked! i had written a looong rant about how it didnt matter how long i pushed, it just brought up the power off or restart menu, but just before sending i tried one last time and it totally worked. thanks!

11. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Texas
    Worked for me volume down + power button but took a couple of tries. I didn't hold it long enough. it takes about a second or two then you see it work.

12. j1232

j1232 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Male
    Deli Cook
    Astoria, NY
    Yeah somehow last night I tried it again and it worked magically down volume and power. . weird. .