1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screenshots?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kasum, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Kasum

Kasum Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    I've had the Samsung Captivate since October 2010 and I'm still figuring things out. Just now I was in the middle of sending a text when "screenshot captured blah blah blah" popped up at the bottom of my screen. o_O I've been reading the "hold the back button" and every other button but nothing. Has anyone figured this out? I never knew this phone was capable of taking screenshots and now that it's accidentally happened I'm curious to know how to do it. :/

Advertisement

2. geeve420

geeve420 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I never could figure this out either, I ended up rooting so I could back my phone up and just installed an app to take them. I am interested if this has been figured out as well.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    First, are you sure it actually took a screenshot? Is there a folder in the gallery containing screenshots?

If there is, there are some screenshot apps (usually only for root) that take a screenshot by shaking or waving your phone. If you were very animated while texting, it might have thought you were shaking your phone.

4. tarius

tarius Newbie
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    Wouldn't it be cool if I were a jr Mythbuster?
    Vancouver area
    I did this, too. I have a "screenshot" folder with one lonely screenshot pic.

5. BigCat8

BigCat8 Member
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    In another thread, some folks reported this happening while experiencing lag using some combination of back and home. I've yet to find a person that's successfully done a two-button screen capture on purpose.

That said, there's an app called "Screen Capture Shortcut" (that's not listed on AppBrain, for whatever reason) designed primarily for use with the Galaxy S line of phones. Here's the barcode and link to the market page...

[​IMG]

https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.tomorrowkey.android.screencaptureshortcutfree

I think this just triggers the phone's built-in screen capture functionality, so images will save in the "ScreenCapture" folder. The donation version has the shake-to-capture functionality, but standard capture is done via an ongoing notification.

6. cliff_b7

cliff_b7 Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    I have had this phone less than a month and I have taken two accidental screenshots. The first one was when I was replying to a text and the second one was when I was surfing the market. Both screenshots were saved to a screenshot folder.

Wish I knew how it was done.

Sorry I don't have the answer but I can relate.

7. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    same thing happened last night hit home button and lil box popped up (screen shot) and sure enough there was pic of my call log in gallery.Unrooted Captivate and no photo apps of any kind.