• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screw Give Away (Mine comes from Verizon Tomorrow)

I tried this earlier after seeing your post. Even mentioned that people are receiving them as early as tomorrow. The rep was nice and checked with her supervisor and said she couldn't sell it until the 15th. If you get a rep to do it then you're lucky cuz they're not supposed to. I received my charging station, dock and HDMI cable today so that will hold me over for another week.

Upvote 0
He is legit. I just called and tried ordering. Gave the sales order and the CSR confirmed that it was a Droid X order that shipped. Said he had no idea how the person placed the order. When he tried he got an error message telling him it couldn't be processed until after the 15th.

Lucky! Haha

Reactions: dnevs79
Upvote 0
Does the $100 rebate apply to 1 year contract; i.e, is the actual price $369 or $269 ?

FINALLY!!! I ordered my phone Tuesday night through Verizon. Got my e-mail today certifying that the Droid X will land Tomorrow before 3.

Got the one year pricing ($369) as I am not eligible for an upgrade which is much better than the Retail $569.99 (wife would have shot me).

FREAKIN HAPPY!! Although I have grown to love the device I was using the past week as I was waiting for the X (Palm Pre Plus)

Sidebar: WebOs is the best OS I have used (My Opinion), the Hardware is bleh!!. When Palm get's some better hardware I may depart. But until such Point and time I am going to LUV my Droid X (Tomorrow)

I'll post pics and all dat good shiznit along with the a Phandroid Exclusive Dnevs79 video tomorrow (don't mind the tears in the video I'm so excited I imagine I may cry a little):D.

Upvote 0
Thank you for verifying this for me.

No problem. I think most people are jealous (I know I am!) which is why they are so quick to not believe you.

Honestly the only way I cann see how it could be ordered is the time on their computer must of been off...maybe it was a year ahead or something weird like that. I guarantee if you changed the date on the Verizon computers to 07/15 it would let them process the order.

Luck of the draw!

Upvote 0
No problem. I think most people are jealous (I know I am!) which is why they are so quick to not believe you.

Honestly the only way I cann see how it could be ordered is the time on their computer must of been off...maybe it was a year ahead or something weird like that. I guarantee if you changed the date on the Verizon computers to 07/15 it would let them process the order.

Luck of the draw!

that lucky bast@rd i am envious! :mad:
i have a damn windows mobile phone i have to use til the droid drops!
i said i would wait until tomorrow to sale my incredible but i wanted to make sure it got sold. now...i regret it! :(

Upvote 0
I've been talking to one particular rep...called him back just now and he said they had gotten an email saying they couldn't order DROID X's until the 15th. He said he could order it for me then and that I'd have it on the 16th. I think I'll try my luck in a store (hoping for a short line - got three stores between home and work) and if not I'll order from him.

Upvote 0
How did yours get a head start on mine - When did you order yours, I ordered on Tuseday.
Ordered around 7:30PM pacific time Tuesday night.

how is it that we keep seeing all these reports of people getting their phones in already but no pics or videos of them with it even turned on, much less using it???.....i can wait till the 15th...honestly i should probably wait like a week or two after that since this is the first build.
I cannot speak for others but the OP and myself have an estimated shipping arrival date for Friday the 9th...that is tomorrow.

For those who are receiving units early, are you current or waiting Incredible owners?
Current BlackBerry Storm owner...

Upvote 0
well i just tried myself and now go....however the rep was very nice and told me that i could order and 12am on the 15th over the phone if i wanted. she also stated that there is no presale on the X due to the supply issue that they had with the incredible....they want to make sure that there are plenty for phone orders/online/store the day of launch....she also stated that HTC really dropped the ball with the INC....that they wernt focused on Verizon as far as supply goes...however she said the motorola is really pushing the X so there should be plenty in supply.

Upvote 0
well i just tried myself and now go....however the rep was very nice and told me that i could order and 12am on the 15th over the phone if i wanted. she also stated that there is no presale on the X due to the supply issue that they had with the incredible....they want to make sure that there are plenty for phone orders/online/store the day of launch....she also stated that HTC really dropped the ball with the INC....that they wernt focused on Verizon as far as supply goes...however she said the motorola is really pushing the X so there should be plenty in supply.

I wonder how much that rep really knows? I don't even think it was really HTC's fault about shortages, they get their screen from Samsung so that couldn't be helped. But yes to a degree it was their fault.

Upvote 0
The $369 price is this: $299 regular price with service (without the $100 rebate for signing up for 2 years) + the normal $70 price increase for 1 year service.

Check online and the 1 year price is generally $70 more than the 2 year price for most phones.

We know this. We're wondering if the $100 rebate applies to those who go with the 1-year pricing option ($370 before rebate). Or are they limiting the rebate only to those who get it on a 2-year contract?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones