• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screwed up, can't get into recovery...

pipskicks

Jan 12, 2010
OK so I flashed Fresh 1.1 and I saw a theme (shouldn't have messed with it, but I was curious) and it just messed my phone up. I did a Nandroid Recovery since I didn't know what else to do.

Now after the Nandroid recovery, no matter what I do it won't let me get into the recovery mode. Puts the HTC sign on for a second and I have to do a battery pull!

I'm guessing I corrupted something, I'm just not sure how to fix this...

It was the rosie, I think filename was white_rosie_3 or something, I deleted it.

I wanted to install a theme or icons, I just messed up flashing that, then after the Nandroid, it seems like my recovery image must be corrupted, I just can't seem to figure out how to root again.
It just crashed no matter what I do when I try to do a recovery bootup.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Backup was made last Saturday before I went to Fresh 1.1

Some minor app installs and shortcut changes, not a ton. So I flashed to that one from last Saturday.

Now the OS works fine, just I can't get into recovery AT ALL. I can use the phone fine with the Nandroid Recovery, it just won't let me root back into Fresh 1.1 that I was on!

Upvote 0
You don't think the Nandroid Restore would have fixed that? One weird thing is with that zip I got to the Restore point and did the Nandroid Restore, now I guess since I can't get back there I can't do a backup/restore but I thought it was more the Nandroid Restore than the zip, I'll try and email him though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones