• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Script help?

Fenix23

Jan 2, 2014
VA
Ok guys, I'm looking for some advice and tips.

I want to learn android programming and how to manipulate the system to my liking, but have very little knowledge of the programming required. I thought I would start with a script to do something I want a shortcut for, but truthfully I don't even know where to begin.

Can anyone help me write a script (and explain the code) to toggle airplane mode, but not make me have to toggle WiFi back on? Basically I just want a script that toggles the cell radio. I'm on Phenom's AOKP 4.2.2 ROM.

If anyone can help, that'd be awesome.

Sorry i cannot really help you either, but i am also interested in this information. I personally would like to change my volume button increments. i think a volume button press changes the volume too much. why should i have to choose between "too quiet to hear" and "about to go deaf"? i want more precise options. I'm also on the same ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones