1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Scrolling stutter in app screens and homescreens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bartacus, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Bartacus

Bartacus Lurker

Hi everyone,

Good to see there's a dedicated s2-forum (department).

I have a question for all you s2 owners:

Whenever I scroll through my app screens quickly, after a little while the screen hangs/stutters a little (also in list view).

Is this behavior normal? It also stutters sometimes on the homescreens. (Mostly I think this is due to widgets refreshing, but it also lags/stops for a second when ending on the first of the homescreens). Should I return the phone?

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bart.

2. Bartacus

Bartacus Lurker

Unfortunately I cannot add links yet in my message, but if anyone would like to see what I'm talking about:

just search youtube for "Galaxy S2 scrolling stutter" to find the movie that I uploaded last night.

3. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

are you on stock firmware or have rooted and got a custom rom/different kernels

this was exactly the problem i was having on my phone with various siyah kernels, using recent additions seems to have solved this

4. Bartacus

Bartacus Lurker

Thanks for your reply, Sydney 99!

I'm on custom rom. I'm a little hesitant about rooting etc.

But I was wondering if I have a faulty phone (and should send it back) or if it's a software problem. Not sure what to do...

Btw, I also notice when I start scrolling a web page, it first takes a millisecond to get going before it flies through the page (as if it is "locked", in a way, and then gets a sudden turbo boost). Nothing huge or annoying, but not sure if it's "normal".

5. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

My theory Is that different cpu's/phones have slightly different performances and tolerances. When I did get this stutter then playing around with governors and voltages would make the problem better or worse. Am afraid I don't have a solution if you're not a"rooter", other than perhaps trying a different firmware.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews