1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support scrolling stutter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by webstar, Nov 22, 2010.

1. webstar

webstar Member

Nov 6, 2010
    I've been using JPA/JPP/JP4 with voodoo lagfix 5 pre6 for a few days now, and it's been working great... except for one thing. There is no lag while opening applications and stuff, but there is some stuttering while scrolling left/right on home screen, or up/down in menu... it's hardly noticeable, but still annoys me. Quadrant is giving me the same results as when i first flashed voodoo. Noticed one thing also, when i scroll down my notification bar it just doesn't drop as smooth as it was before, but just hangs at some point and then continues. I really can notice even a slightest change in performance, and i read that using voodoo wont cause any performance degradation.
    Should i reflash my stock kernel and flash voodoo snapshot?

Advertisement

2. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Australia
    I'm using JM1 with Voodoo 3.0 and also get a tiny bit of lag when scrolling.

I think you're issue comes down to what apps you have open already that are running in the background. When I'm heavily multi-tasking the lag is slightly worse.

Maybe if you update to a new version of 2.1 or upgrade to 2.2 the lag will be less noticable? Just a thought.