• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ScummVM and 2.2 (Emulation Projects)

JP-100

Jun 1, 2010
There should hopefully be a working version out soon that will carry on working when my Desire gets the 2.2 update in the next couple of months.

There's not loads of games out yet for ScummVM, but one in particular I'm really looking forward to is Full Throttle. A really cool game at the time and to be able to play on my Desire will be totally awesome.

Any one else looking forward to ScummVM? or if you know of any other Android Emulation projects?

I didn't think there was much progress on a version of scummvm that worked above 1.6

I agree, full throttle and the dig are my two favorites... close behind is sam and max hit the road.

I own all the lucasarts adventure games though. That's what's nice, I never feel bad playing them on my wii or any other device, because the roms of them that I have I got from my discs, which I still have.

Upvote 0
There is an alpha out for 2.1 but does not work, so I think there is work going on for a version that will work on 2.1. I would say though logically he must be working on it to be compatible with 2.2 otherwise what's the point, you bring out something that runs on 2.1 when everyone's updated to 2.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones