1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card access problems with Android 5.x

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by franzschenk, Feb 28, 2016.

1. franzschenk

franzschenk Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Use the Audials App that stores recordings in a folder on the SD card "sdcard1/android/data/audials/files/music". Can play this music from Audials or ES file explorer, but only one song after another. But all this music is never added to the stock music player, nor to Google play music and not to the VLC player. Can not select "sdcard1/android/data/audials/files/music" as directory in all these players. The mentioned directory is either not visible, or is greyed out and can not be selected. All hints on the Web (clear cache / data in the music apps, reboot phone) do not help.

Since it is not possible to change the directory in the Audials application (can only select subdirectories below .../data/audials..., but can not go further up in the directory structure), The only solution I found was to copy all the music to a folder "sdcard1/music". With this, all the media players work and find the music. But my music is stored twice on the SD card, and I have to manually copy new recordings to "sdcard1/music". A very bad solution.

I don't know if this is a Honor 5x problem, or a problem on all unrooted Androis 5.x phones. I don't have this problem at all on my rooted Galaxy S3 with Archidroid V3.15 ROM, which is also Android 5.x.

Is there any better solution for this problem? Or is SD card support in Android 5.x really so bad and complicated, or only on the Honor 5x? Thank you in advance for any hint.

Franz

Advertisement

2. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    I think it's the Audials app. I saw a couple of February reviews on Google Play that relate problems similar to yours.

3. franzschenk

franzschenk Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for your help. It was not an Audials problem.
    There was a .nomedia file in sdcard1/android/data. Have deleted this file. After rebooting the phone, all music from sdcard1/android/data/audials appeared in the stock media player.

4. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Audials users will be glad to hear this.