• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Access/Unmount Issues

tacullen

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
My phone shows SD card "read-only or not mounted" but it seems to be mounted b/c I can see files in Astro, but apps can't access the SD to write or play audiobooks, music, etc. I also cannot "unmount" using the phone, and running myBackup fails. I took the card to my pc and the card mounts fine as a disk drive and I backed it up, thinking I would format the SD, but the phone won't format because it is mounted and won't unmount. Should I format in the PC and what if so what file system do I choose?

My phone shows the SD card as "read-only or not mounted" and it seems to be mounted b/c I can see files in Astro, but apps can't access the SD to write or play audiobooks, music, etc. But I also cannot "unmount" using the phone, and running myBackup fails. I took the card to my pc and the card mounts fine as a disk drive and I backed up the files, but since the phone won't format it because it is mounted and it won't unmount, should I format in the PC and if so what file system do I use?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones