• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD Card and Music

ScanFreq

Lurker
Sep 29, 2012
Hi. New here. First post. I tried searching, but couldn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has already been answered.

I'm getting a Galaxy S3 next week along with a 64gb micro sd card. I want to put all my music on the sd card and just need to know where to put it. I figure I need to create a folder on the card, but what do I call it? Also, will the music app on the phone automatically recognize it, or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.

Hi. New here. First post. I tried searching, but couldn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has already been answered.

I'm getting a Galaxy S3 next week along with a 64gb micro sd card. I want to put all my music on the sd card and just need to know where to put it. I figure I need to create a folder on the card, but what do I call it? Also, will the music app on the phone automatically recognize it, or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.

format the card in the phone

settings/storeage/formant sd card

this should make a few folders on it

there should be one called media

in here make a folder called Music
for custom ringtones make one called Ringtones
for customer Notifications make one called Notifications

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones