• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card as internal gone bad

pro4life77

Lurker
Sep 10, 2011
Okay so i had an HTC Desire (US Cellular) running CyanogenMod 7 and i wanted to make my SD card act as internal memory as well. So i read and found a guy who posted a re-written Vold.FSTAB which i downloaded, put on the sd card, and then followed his instructions to use root explorer and replace the old one and change permissions and reboot.

i did exactly that and now my phone does not recognize my SD Card (aswell as my computer not recognizing my phone *BUT ClockworkMod DOES*)... foolishly i did not copy the original vold.fstab onto my phone so i could just switch it :(.

i have tried unziping the cyanogenmod rom on my computer and i found the vold.fstab so i could just write it into my phone, but it doesnt look the same.

original cyanogen fstab (apparently...) : ## Vold 2.0 fstab for HTC Bravo CDMA
#
## - San Mehat (san@android.com)
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

downloaded version: # internal sdcard as sdcard
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.3/mmc_host/mmc2
# external sdcard as emmc
dev_mount microsd /mnt/microsd auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1
# usbdisk as usbdisk
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci

if you have any idea.. please help. otherwise i will probably restore from my backup and re-flash cyanogen

Okay so i had an HTC Desire (US Cellular) running CyanogenMod 7 and i wanted to make my SD card act as internal memory as well. So i read and found a guy who posted a re-written Vold.FSTAB which i downloaded, put on the sd card, and then followed his instructions to use root explorer and replace the old one and change permissions and reboot.

i did exactly that and now my phone does not recognize my SD Card (aswell as my computer not recognizing my phone *BUT ClockworkMod DOES*)... foolishly i did not copy the original vold.fstab onto my phone so i could just switch it :(.

i have tried unziping the cyanogenmod rom on my computer and i found the vold.fstab so i could just write it into my phone, but it doesnt look the same.

original cyanogen fstab (apparently...) : ## Vold 2.0 fstab for HTC Bravo CDMA
#
## - San Mehat (san@android.com)
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1

downloaded version: # internal sdcard as sdcard
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.3/mmc_host/mmc2
# external sdcard as emmc
dev_mount microsd /mnt/microsd auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1
# usbdisk as usbdisk
dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci

if you have any idea.. please help. otherwise i will probably restore from my backup and re-flash cyanogen

you shouldnt of messed with vold.stab at all. you should have created an ext partition and used the data2sd script on xda forums.

you could try reflashing the rom

wheres this guide you read? i would be interested as to where you got this info from

Upvote 0
you shouldnt of messed with vold.stab at all. you should have created an ext partition and used the data2sd script on xda forums.

you could try reflashing the rom

wheres this guide you read? i would be interested as to where you got this info from

if was from a different android forum but im sure it was for a different phone or something now. its not that big of a deal anymore though, i just recovered with clockworkmod and then reflashed and then restored with titanium, call log, etc. alll good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones