• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card blank or has unsupported file system

tdt70

Lurker
Jul 26, 2011
So I bought a new Sandisk SD card to fit all of my music on my Mez so I could rid myself of Apple in my life (no more Ipod!). I transfer all of my music onto the card and everything is gravy for about a day, then eventually I get the "SD card blank or has unsupported file system" message, and it gives me the option to format; when I do that everything gets deleted. I've done this twice and am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

So I bought a new Sandisk SD card to fit all of my music on my Mez so I could rid myself of Apple in my life (no more Ipod!). I transfer all of my music onto the card and everything is gravy for about a day, then eventually I get the "SD card blank or has unsupported file system" message, and it gives me the option to format; when I do that everything gets deleted. I've done this twice and am hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
"Format" means "erase everything and prepare the SD card for its proper environment/settings" :) Since you've formatted - do this on your phone with all new sd cards first- try to upload your stuff now. Since it's a nice brand name, it's prob not a bad card, but keep the receipt handy jik :)

Upvote 0
If you bought the card from like Amazon or Ebay, then I would definitely have someone check it out to see if its real. If you didn't buy it from them, disregard.

As Melissa said, formatting is required by all phones using an SD card. Specially if the SD card was from a different phone or device. You can manually format the card to match your phone by going to settings > storage. You will have to unmount the card prior to formatting which can also be done from the storage section. After unmounting, tap format SD card. Afterwards, connect your phone to your computer via USB (make sure you connect using mass storage).

All that's left is transferring your music.

Enjoy!

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones