• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card causes boot loop

zoidy84

Jun 8, 2010
Plymouth, UK
I have got a strange issue with a Sandisk 8GB SD card. I have been using it in my HTC Desire (rooted running Modaco r3.1) for at least 2 months now with no problems. However i took it out and put in the orginal 4GB card the phone came with to see if there was anything on it, anyway when i put the 8GB card back in i get stuck in a continous boot loop on the "Queitly Brilliant" screen.

Its really odd because everything is still on the card.

To try and resolve i have moved everything off the 8GB onto my computer and then copied the 4GB contents onto the 8GB card but it still gets stuck anytime i use this 8GB card!

Any ideas?

i guess no one then :-(

No, unfortunately, no ideas, but at least I can confirm I have the same issue here and wondering if you have sorted it out finally.

I have a 16GB Kingston card, HTC Desire, rooted with stock rom + ext2sd. Works fine for about one year now. Occasional boot loops could be managed by removing the battery and rebooting so far.

But now, out of a sudden, nothing helps. I have found out that when booting with the sd card removed, the problem is away. With the card put in, it has the boot loop and I have no idea how to fix it at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones