1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

SD card causes boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by zoidy84, Aug 4, 2010.

1. zoidy84

zoidy84 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Tech Support
    Plymouth, UK
    I have got a strange issue with a Sandisk 8GB SD card. I have been using it in my HTC Desire (rooted running Modaco r3.1) for at least 2 months now with no problems. However i took it out and put in the orginal 4GB card the phone came with to see if there was anything on it, anyway when i put the 8GB card back in i get stuck in a continous boot loop on the "Queitly Brilliant" screen.

Its really odd because everything is still on the card.

To try and resolve i have moved everything off the 8GB onto my computer and then copied the 4GB contents onto the 8GB card but it still gets stuck anytime i use this 8GB card!

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. zoidy84

zoidy84 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Tech Support
    Plymouth, UK
    i guess no one then :-(

3. frakk

frakk New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    No, unfortunately, no ideas, but at least I can confirm I have the same issue here and wondering if you have sorted it out finally.

I have a 16GB Kingston card, HTC Desire, rooted with stock rom + ext2sd. Works fine for about one year now. Occasional boot loops could be managed by removing the battery and rebooting so far.

But now, out of a sudden, nothing helps. I have found out that when booting with the sd card removed, the problem is away. With the card put in, it has the boot loop and I have no idea how to fix it at the moment.

4. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Honestly it sounds like a bad SD card. These flash cards only have a finite amount of read/writes and when they fail odd things happen. That boot loop with the card installed sounds like a failure.