• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SD card COMPLETELY BROKEN!!

js453

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
I was updating google maps (not sure if relevant in any way) and my HTC Desire 2.2 crashed. After restarting, I noticed my SD card wasn't being read (everything I have of worth is stored on it). There was no symbol to say please insert or any error messages which I have had before when a file was corrupt. When leaving the card in the phone it will continually restart itself and drain the battery as though it is trying to read the card.

I tried the SD card in my pc with a card reader and it won't boot up, suggesting there is nothing inserted. I tried using RescuPro, which seemed to acknowledge the card as existing but said it was empty and thus nothing to restore.
There is no noticeable physical damage to the card and I cannot think of any hard drops of the phone that would have weakened it. No magnetic fields that have come into contact with the card either. I have also tried another SD card and that worked fine so I know it is definitely the card. I am at a loss.

I would really appreciate some help is trying to restore or salvage anything!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones