• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card connects to pc automatically.

As the title says l. Each time I connect a USB cable my sd card connects to my pc instead of connecting in MTP or MSC. I'm using an ICS based custom ROM. This wasn't happening until a few days ago and now it only happens with any ROM based on ICS. If I revert back to Gingerbread 2.3.4 the problem is no longer present. This never happened the very first time I installed a previous version of the same ROM I'm using and now it does. I know something has been changed but I don't know what. I even ask for help at XDA revs site but even they can't help me saying they have never heard of this ever happening. I really want to resolve this because having the sd card connected instead of MTP or MSC mode has limits. And also I noticed that the sd card shows it is always mounted when I look in CWM. Please help me.

I'm having the same problem too. I use MSC mode to connect the phone SD card to my PC. However, I usually just want to connect to charge without mounting the card. I've just upgraded from Android v2.3.4 to Android 4.0.4 and am going to find this a massive pain in the neck. I connect my phone to my PC loads of times every day and will find having to dismount the card when I just want to charge a big inconvenience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones