• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card contents not accessible after factory reset

axman1000

Lurker
Dec 20, 2010
I recently wrote to HTC Customer Care and blasted them for releasing what is probably the worst update in history since Microsoft launched Windows ME, the OTA FroYo update for the Wildfire. My phone became slow and miserable and I often felt like just throwing it away and getting a nice, cheap Nokia phone. They suggested that I do a factory reset to make the phone fast and all that. I did it. But now, the phone can't read the contents of the SD card (on which my contacts are backed up!) When I select SD and phone storage under Menu, it shows the right details, such as the capacity and the free space in the card, but there is no way that the phone reads and recognises the contents of my SD card. I can only access it through the computer. Is there any way I can make the phone access the SD card and make it read the contents? Please help me! Can't bear to have lost so many contacts.. :(

But now, the phone can't read the contents of the SD card (on which my contacts are backed up!) When I select SD and phone storage under Menu, it shows the right details, such as the capacity and the free space in the card, but there is no way that the phone reads and recognises the contents of my SD card. I can only access it through the computer. Is there any way I can make the phone access the SD card and make it read the contents? Please help me! Can't bear to have lost so many contacts.. :(
I'd try the easy things first - rebooting, battery pull, maybe remove and replace the card.

Upvote 0
I did the factory reset with the card in my phone. When it turned back on, it was like I had a new phone with no data being read from the SD card. But when I connected my phone to the computer, I could access the card and view the contents. Its just that I can't access it through my phone. I'm at my wit's end as I all my contacts are backed up on the SD card and the unknown numbers are just killing me! Please please help me out!! The worst part is that the SD card and phone storage item in the Menu tells me the memory details of my card, but does nothing to actually read from it. I just want my contacts back.. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones