1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD card corrupted/couldn't move apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SebasTheNinja, Jul 12, 2017.

1. SebasTheNinja

SebasTheNinja Lurker

The thing is I bought a Kingston 16gb class 10 as card but I'm experiencing some technical issues:

When I installed it, in storage it said it was unsupported and I would have to format it. But after formatting it(as internal storage) i tried to move some apps and i ALWAYS get the message 'couldn't move app, internal error'
    If I restart (turn off and then on) the phone it appears like 'corrupted' and I need to start over.
    Also I tried the 'move now' choice when I formatted it again and appears the message'couldn't move, not enough space' so this is ridiculous. Any help, please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If you formatted it as internal, where are you trying to move the apps? They're already where they should be

3. SebasTheNinja

SebasTheNinja Lurker

I'm trying to move the apps from the internal shared storage( the phone) to the sd card.

Attached Files:

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

As it's a new micro-SD, check its integrity with SD Insight, ensure it's not a fake or duff. Where did you buy it, e.g. cheap online like Ebay?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi
    What you're describing with corruption and things not working as they should, it could be a counterfeit Kingston micro-SD.

tube517 likes this.
  5. SebasTheNinja

SebasTheNinja Lurker

My device it's incompatible with that app, but I'll have a talk with the seller. I bought it in a new shop near my school so maybe they got scammed.

6. SebasTheNinja

SebasTheNinja Lurker

I changed sd card to a 32gb one and it's the same :/

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Do you have a computer with SD reader?Try the SD in that, and see if that can read and write data, which should prove if it is the phone or SD problem.

8. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

EDIT: Nevermind.

9. SebasTheNinja

SebasTheNinja Lurker

I have tried it in the PC and it works. What do I need to do in order to make it work in the phone?

Also tried formatting it as portable storage and it works, the problems appears when I select the option that I want( internal storage)

#9 SebasTheNinja, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  10. letirosa

letirosa Lurker

Hello friends

Motorola Moto G (5) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (5) release date was March 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 430 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

March 2017
Release Date
Reviews