• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card corrupted/couldn't move apps

SebasTheNinja

Lurker
Jul 12, 2017
The thing is I bought a Kingston 16gb class 10 as card but I'm experiencing some technical issues:

When I installed it, in storage it said it was unsupported and I would have to format it. But after formatting it(as internal storage) i tried to move some apps and i ALWAYS get the message 'couldn't move app, internal error'
If I restart (turn off and then on) the phone it appears like 'corrupted' and I need to start over.
Also I tried the 'move now' choice when I formatted it again and appears the message'couldn't move, not enough space' so this is ridiculous. Any help, please?

If you formatted it as internal, where are you trying to move the apps? They're already where they should be

I'm trying to move the apps from the internal shared storage( the phone) to the sd card.

Attachments

• 1167981344.png
    1167981344.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
As it's a new micro-SD, check its integrity with SD Insight, ensure it's not a fake or duff. Where did you buy it, e.g. cheap online like Ebay?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi
What you're describing with corruption and things not working as they should, it could be a counterfeit Kingston micro-SD.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
As it's a new micro-SD, check its integrity with SD Insight, ensure it's not a fake or duff. Where did you buy it, e.g. cheap online like Ebay?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi

What you're describing with corruption and things not working as they should, it could be a counterfeit Kingston micro-SD.

My device it's incompatible with that app, but I'll have a talk with the seller. I bought it in a new shop near my school so maybe they got scammed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones