1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root SD card damaged: no Rom to recover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnny quest, Sep 19, 2010.

1. johnny quest

johnny quest Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I'm able to get into the recovery mode but I have no Roms or anything to upload. I had a SD card damaged and reformatted it and lost everything. I do have a back up SD files on my computer but I just don't know how to load it, since my laptop is not reading the USB connection.

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    what do you mean its not reading the connectin?

you can use an SD reader if theres something wrong with the connection, but it may be an SD issue. in that case you would need a new one.

3. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Try turning on "USB-MS toggle" with Amon_RA booted, and transfer them from the laptop.

You may have already tried this, but there is no way to know from your post.

If you can not remember what the folder path was, specifically your device serial number, as in

/sdcard/nandroid/HT<serial-number>

You can just create a Nandroid backup of whatever might be on the phone to begin with, and the correct folder will be created on the newly-formatted SD card. After that, just drop your backups of the BDS-YYYYMMDD-HHMM backup folders into that "HT<serial-number>" folder on the SD.

4. +1 .. great stuff, EU1.. ^^^^^^^^^^^;)

5. johnny quest

johnny quest Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I will try this but for now, what I done was use my old SD card that had other roms installed. That works, but its like you said it could be the SD card, I may need to buy another one. Thank you.