• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card damaged.

Rossforney

Apr 8, 2010
I was at Benihanas last night and my Nesus One was acting a little sketchy. Glitching while going in and out of the camera/camcorder. Since I had quite a bit of up time I rebooted and got the "SD card damaged you may have to re format it" error.
I have a 16g Sandisk micro sdhc class 2. I bought the chip separately at office depot 8 months ago and spent $100 bucks on the thing because I read all over the forums about how people were having issues with the cheap ebay chips. This happened once before on my mytouch with the same chip. After I was threw crying in my cool aid I just formated the card and moved all the music/movies back over from my laptop. No biggie.
This time, my computer isn't even registering the card when I plug it in at all. After pulling up the notification and formating the card it will check for errors for what seems like an unusually long period of time it pops back up with the damaged sd card notification again. I have formated over and over, pulled the battery and removed the card and rebooted several times and even checked for updates for my laptop and rebooted it as well and just cannot for the life of me get this card unlocked. Here I am on vacation with my bran new $500 phone with a custom $100 chip in it and cannot even take an effing picture. So of course my Iphone and Blackberry fanboy friends are having a field day on me.
HELP!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones