• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i updated to 4.3 on 12/20 and since than i have had SD card issues..it kept saying that it has been removed from device when i have not touched it ,and yesterday the SD card was deleted...all 118 pictures on it GONE...now the phone wont reconize the card at all...HELP

Have you tried unmounting the SD Card in storage options, then switching your phone off, removing your SD card then re-inserting then switching the phone back on?

Upvote 0
My wife's s3 did the same thing after 4.3 update. I tried all the above tasks to restore her sd card.

The s3 is now outta memory. In some weird twist, everything on the sd card was moved to the device. It's now maxed out on storage. It consonantly updates and batt life is shot. Sprint was no help,,,other than to tell us we can Upgrade her phone and even lease a new phone.

Upvote 0
Don't know if your SD card was a Sandisk, but Sandisk SD card issue seems to be an issue with many of the Samsung devices, it had happened to me also a while ago with a Sandisk 32 GB card, lost everything on the card, and had to use a software program to get 80% of my data back, if you research there are a bunch of freeware apps to try to get your info back, at least most of it. I have since put in an 8GB card and have not had an issue since. I have not reinstalled the 32GB as I read in a few forums that Samsung doesn't like larger capacity cards sometimes, depends on the phone.

It can tell you this, my 32 GB was a legit card purchased from Costco and works just fine in the old HTC Evo, so it was not the card.

Here is a thread with some info also,

SGN2 making SD-cards corrupt!

Sd card not working

Firmware Updates Toast mSD card?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Upvote 0
I have a Sandisk 32GB card in my Note 10.1 running 4.1.2. As of a few days ago, the card started going berserk and kept mounting/unmounting. Wasn't going to take a chance on the card crapping out and did another full backup of it on my PC and NAS. Then transferred all files to the spare Samsung 32GB card I have.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones