• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card displays incorrect amount of storage.

UMich

Lurker
Aug 8, 2010
I was putting files on my SD Card from my computer and I noticed I was using up a lot of space. When it got down to like 3.24 GB remaining, I decided to delete stuff off the card to free up some space. I deleted just about everything, but it is still displaying 3.24 GB as the amount of available space... what is going on here? How do I fix this?

I just unmounted it the SD and pulled it out, then put it back in. There is no change in the amount of space. It is still displaying the incorrect amount of space left over. It says I only have 3.25 GB available when I must have around 5 or 6 GB available. Every time I put something on my phone it takes up space, but when I remove it that space is still lost...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones