• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sd card does not appear when connected with usb

DataDame

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
I recently got a Motorola Photon and have just recently gotten around to setting ringtones, wallpaper, etc., using my own files. The wallpaper worked fine using an image on the SD card (which I transferred from my last phone), but I can't access the ringtones on the card. I can go to the card using Files and all my ringtones are still there.

Reading here and other places, I understand (...I think...) that I need to create a folder called "Ringtones" in my Music folder, and then copy my ringtones over to that new folder. Problem: When I connect the phone to my PC to do things like create folders and copy/move files, the SD card doesn't appear. For that matter, no folders appear.

What I do get is get Autorun, config ins MML_Installer, run, and setup (the last one has a Motorola icon). Nothing at all that I can see to click to make the SD card appear, much less move/copy things on it, and nothing I can see to display the Music folder that's already on the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

I recently got a Motorola Photon and have just recently gotten around to setting ringtones, wallpaper, etc., using my own files. The wallpaper worked fine using an image on the SD card (which I transferred from my last phone), but I can't access the ringtones on the card. I can go to the card using Files and all my ringtones are still there.

Reading here and other places, I understand (...I think...) that I need to create a folder called "Ringtones" in my Music folder, and then copy my ringtones over to that new folder. Problem: When I connect the phone to my PC to do things like create folders and copy/move files, the SD card doesn't appear. For that matter, no folders appear.

What I do get is get Autorun, config ins MML_Installer, run, and setup (the last one has a Motorola icon). Nothing at all that I can see to click to make the SD card appear, much less move/copy things on it, and nothing I can see to display the Music folder that's already on the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running windows 7 and when I connected the photon for the first time it automatically downloaded the drivers as well as moto' sync software. If you give some details as to your pc's set up we should be able to figure this out. Another option is to configure the card directly on your pc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones