1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SD card encryption - how to reverse?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redmagic, Apr 27, 2012.

1. redmagic

redmagic Lurker

Hello,

I hope the following will be detailed enough for you to understand, but apologies in advance if it isn't. I'm new to this forum.

I just upgraded my T-Mobile SGS2 to ICS. Looking at the new features, I enabled the encryption of the sd card. However, now whenever I restart my phone, the card is disabled for some time while it goes through the encryption process, and the battery is severely drained. Also the phone gets very hot. I can no longer use the face unlock option, and I'm getting fed up with having to put in a pin constantly.

I can't find any way of reversing this process. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks

2. redmagic

redmagic Lurker

Given the deafening silence of the replies, I have factory reset my phone, as it seems that is the only way of getting rid of this encryption feature. Others may take this as a cautionary warning. Encrypting your phone or sd card are not reversible processes. Shouldn't there be a warning message on the phone before you embark on this process?

Bandaid likes this.
  3. Bandaid

Bandaid Android Enthusiast

I’m sorry know one was around to help you as ICS is new and most of us don’t have it let alone know about any extra features there may be.

I am happy you were able rectify the problem on your own and post this as a warning.

Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews