• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card error

sj, have you received the update? I have had this same problem since receiving the update. Frustrating because the last update fritz'd my previous SD card. I've just connected to my PC and run the repair and defrag operations on the SD card. Too early to tell if this had any effect. Though I did this because it solved an apparent and similar SD card problem I had some time ago. If you check out the Nov update thread (in "HTC Incredible" forum), you'll see others may also be having this problem.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem immediately after getting the update last nite. I connected the SD card into my home computer and tried a disk repair and it gave an error that there is a corrupt file in "beautifulwidgets/cache".

So I did a COPY/PASTE from the card to my computer.
I then deleted the beautifulwidgets folder.
I then formatted the SD card.
I then copied the entire contents back onto the SD card and it worked perfectly.

Upvote 0
sj, have you received the update? I have had this same problem since receiving the update. Frustrating because the last update fritz'd my previous SD card. I've just connected to my PC and run the repair and defrag operations on the SD card. Too early to tell if this had any effect. Though I did this because it solved an apparent and similar SD card problem I had some time ago. If you check out the Nov update thread (in "HTC Incredible" forum), you'll see others may also be having this problem.

I did receive the update and got the error message shortly after but have been getting this error message once in awhile for a few weeks now prior to the update.

Upvote 0
it gave an error that there is a corrupt file in "beautifulwidgets/cache".

that's interesting... because it was the beautiful widgets that seemed to do a reset every time I tapped the notification button to read only. I didn't get the error notice about a corrupt file (though perhaps I didn't look for it either), but the repair and defrag processes may have achieved the same result. 24 hours now without a read only notification. thanks.

Upvote 0
I have a samsung epic on android 2.1. I used to have the sd card damaged problem. I had to backup everyday for fear of losing information. I saw on one forum a note about upgrading to a Class 4 sd card. I went to frys and they only had class 10 in 16gb (about $40). I purchased and I have not had this problem since!!!

Problem: SD Card error
Problem Solved: Trash the Class 2 sd card that came with the phone and get class 4 or higher.

Woohoo!

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/82209-sd-card-damage.html

Upvote 0
I have been getting a error message in my notification bar that says "mounted read only--the sd card has an unexpected problem. tap this to fix" well it usually get fixed when I tap the message but not today, the message keeps coming back, any ideas? :thinking:

I had the same trouble. Try copying the files from your sd card to a temp file on your computer's desktop. I had a corrupt file in my Google apps cache file. When I deleted the bad file from the sd card saved my sd card data to my desktop temp file. Then on my HTC incrediable I went to menu/settings/SD & Phone storage and selected Unmount SD card. This enables the option to format my now fully backed up SD card in the phone. After this is done, copy back your now error free back up data to your SD card and it now works again. I have had the same thing happen only once before in the year I have had the phone.
If you cannot copy the SD data due to an error. It chokes the HTC Android every time.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones