1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sd card for Samsung Galaxy A20S

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I'm in the market. Is it true it can handle up to 512 GB? I saw some listed online for maybe $13, which seems unreaiistic. What's the best source, maybe local?

2. I think we've been through this before, best to avoid the cheap cards from online sellers. Even the brand name ones can be counterfeits, buying from Amazon is no guarantee they'll be real.
    Get these from a local major-chain store to be sure, pay the extra few bucks.

MrJavi, Rgarner and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

just like with anything electronics, you get what you pay for. cheap cards can fail or get corrupted easily. so use at your own risk and always back things up regularly if you do go that route.

MrJavi and Rgarner like this.
  4. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I went to Target and got a 64 GB for now. It was $18.99 and tax. I got it in the tray fine and the A20S recognizes it. On the pulldown it says Tap here to transfer media files, but it doesn't do that. I cannot figure out how to transfer them. In My Files it shows the files I want to move, but when I try it claims that destination and source are the same.

5. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I looked it up online and found this from Verizon. It seems straightforward enough, except that the step involving move is impossible because it isn't there. The only option is details and that doesn't help. How the heck do I move these files?

Attached Files:

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are you sure you are in the right category within "my files" app? can you post a screenshot?

Rgarner likes this.
  7. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

There you go. When I try to move from internal storage to sd, I do not have the option. It says the destination and source are the same. What is wrong with it?

Attached Files:

8. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I must have looked at all the categories by now. I checked out online help too and came up with nothing useful in this case. Why doesn't it work?