• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sd card gallery issue

CraigSr83

Lurker
Oct 7, 2010
Ok so my sd card had corrupt data on it. I fixed the files:p:mad: with my PC, now when I go to my gallery it say loading new albums and when its finished just an empty gallery. However, when I go into astro in the dcim folder I can view my pictures just fine. I've reset my phone, unmounted and remounted the SD card and still nothing.

When you reboot your phone, there is a separate, background process that scans your SD card for media. I think it's called "Media Storage." It then builds a database that is read by the gallery.

Keep in mind that this background media scanning process sometimes takes a LONG time to run. It blindly looks through all your SD card files and directories looking for suitable media... mp3s, video files, etc. Depending on what's been modified on your card, it's a long process.

Give your phone a few hours... without rebooting or remounting your media (which will restart the process). Then see if they appear in the gallery. If not, make sure your SD file system is not corrupt, and that you have no bad media files that could hang up the scanning process.

Reactions: CraigSr83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones