1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

sd card help!**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meisha.lisha(:, Feb 2, 2011.

1. meisha.lisha(:

Okayy, so I feel stupid but I need help...
    My SD card. I've takin it our of my HTC Incredible many times..and It always re-mounts and I have all my stuff back!:) but not this time!:mad: I took it out to transfer my music to my computer ad after I was finished I put it back in my phone...and my phone said "preparing SD card" then "mounted ReadOnly?"....and my music comes up but pictures on my memory card don't show up and I cant save anything to it,,...help???
    !!**thankXD

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

Did you eject it via "safely remove hardware" before removing it from the computer? If not, it might have become corrupted. You could also try removing and replacing the card to see if that helps - also try rebooting the phone. Maybe even a battery pull just to be sure.

You can use the Windows error-checking utility to look for and repair problems on a card (right click on drive letter, Properties, Tools, Check for errors). DO NOT defragment the card.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

If the above suggestion doesn't work, you may need to reformat the card, after copying the contents off of the card. (do a full format, not a quick)

Fyi: you don't need to remove the card to copy files to it, just use the usb (charging) cable that came with the phone and plug it in to the computer and mount it as a disk drive.
    And always make sure you properly unmount the card/phone when removing from the computer or phone. Don't just take it out or you may run into this issue again.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews