1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD card help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alan17, Jun 2, 2011.

1. alan17

alan17 Lurker
    None

Is there some trick to get an SD card to work on my gtab10? I put in a 4gb SD, go to settings but no SD is listed and the mount card button is greyed out. Please help.

Advertisement

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Dang its been a while since I've been stock. Might sound stupid but are you sure that the sd card is all the way in? That happened to me when I first got my gtab, also I believe the external sd card is named sdcard2 and sdcard is the internal memory. So if you go into a file manager, your files from your 4gb sd card should be in sdcard2....I think. This is from memory so I can be wrong. I've been rooted and had a custom rom since nov of last year. :eek:

3. alan17

alan17 Lurker
    None

Yes it is in correctly. I have also put it into a USB adaptor and get nothing

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Do you mean an USB sd card reader? If so, yup that doesn't work for sure.

What exactly are you trying to do? Mount it so you can transfer files from your PC to ur gtab's sd card without having to take it out. There's an app for tha but you need to have a custom rom with root and the android market.

Or are u just trying to view files in your sd card on your gtab? If so, have you tried rebooting while the sdcard is in your gtab? At power up, that's when the gtab mounts external memory. Hopefully your gtab will then mount it.

5. alan17

alan17 Lurker
    None

I want to use a SD card to backup apps, system, add pictures, etc. I have powered down with the SD card in, I have powered on with the volume+ key held down and still no SD. I formatted it on my laptop (fat32) still nothing