• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Infamous05gt

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Guys and Gals, I am having some problems with my GS2. I just jumped from the corporate grips of apple and all I can say is, "why didn't I do this earlier".

Anywho, I am having a problem getting my avic f700bt to connect to my phone via usb. Now I know it works because I did it the day I bought the phone. Normally my usual is settings/ wireless and network/ usb utilities/ connect and within a few seconds my music is streaming via usb into my avic and displaying name, album, track and all the controls are available while charging.

The problems happened when I formatted my sd card because the sd card I had in the phone had other music and stuff on it I didn't want. So after I formatted and added my music back everything is working phone side but my avic never connects. What am I doing wrong.

first reformat the card, use your pc select fat32 and 32k blocks and do a full format not the quick format it will take awhile so be patient; this should resolve your problem it fixes external sd problems about 98% of the time and having a lost.dir folder is fine just ignore it.

Just wanted to say thank you very much. It works perfectly now. Now if I can just figure out how to get my pics to default save to the sd card we are in business. (Oh and block pics from downloading to the phone when mp3 music downloader pulls an ad.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say thank you very much. It works perfectly now. Now if I can just figure out how to get my pics to default save to the sd card we are in business. (Oh and block pics from downloading to the phone when mp3 music downloader pulls an ad.

Open camera app touch setting icon scroll down to storage make your change there for adds rooting is your only option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones