• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sd card help

BigMace23

Dec 5, 2009
OK i need some help.... I just got done transfering some pics from my computer to droid. I unmounted it, and unplugged it like always. Everything seemed good until my phone went into a boot loop for about 10 mins. Now its out of the boot loop, but my phone still thinks its mounted to the computer and I cant use my sdcard at all now!? What should I do?

One of these might help...

1 - Try physically removing your sd card (of course with your phone off) and restart without the card. Shut down, reinsert the card and try again.

2 - Connect the phone back to your computer. Then dismount from the computer using the USB connected prompt on your phone.

3 - If you can get into recovery, you can mount / dismount the card from there.

4 - If you have a Nandroid backup, restore it and see what happens (hopefully the SD card is recognized in recovery mode).

5- try mounting the SD card using adb commands

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones