• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sd card help

so i had to master reset my phone. but right before i did that i made sure all my photos were in my sd card. so when i did the reset i took the sd card out. after the reset i placed the sd card back in but out of 500 photos it said that were in my sd card only about 300 were there. my question is that is there an app where i can recover the photos?

If the photos were on the card then the simplest way is to download some file recovery software to a PC, mount the card (via usb or a card reader) and use the PC to do the recovering. There are a number of free file recovery tools out there (can't remember names this second, will look up later if no-one beats me to it).

The important thing is not to use the card in the meanwhile. Any data written to the card might be overwriting the pictures.

Edit: there's a suggestion for file recovery software in this post - http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=5398019

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones